Friday, August 1, 2008

in the head of an insomniac...

am i awake…? shoot. go to sleep.. you have to work early…ok 1…2…3… sleep. am I asleep… ? i’m hungry… string cheese sounds good… I wish string cheese would come if I call it… heeeeere string cheese string cheese string cheese… ok that’s ridiculous… go to sleep… I should take karate… did I set my alarm…? did I make sure its am and not pm? What am I gonna do tomorrow night? I have nothing to wear… I should go shopping…. I have no money… did I pay my rent? Shhhhh, go to sleep….count sheep or something… I wonder who invented counting sheep? Why sheep? Probably cuz they look like a pillow but so do bunnies and we don’t count bunnies. Mmmm string cheese…. I should do community service… man… I spend a lot of money on rent… I wonder how many homes I could have already bought…. I should buy a house…go to sleep! I wish I was really good at ping pong… Don’t forget to call mom tomorrow… maybe I should write that down…maybe I should just wake up and do something… I could read a book… I should read more…I don’t have the energy to lift the book to my eyes… how is it I’m not tired enough to sleep… but I haven’t the energy to lift a book….? Go to sleep…where’s my car…?i need to go to the dentist… ok breath, you’re stressing yourself out…what was that sound!? Probably my cat… breath..no one is going to kill you tonight…. Relax and go to sleep…. I wonder if my cats think they have a nice life? I should play with them more… I should travel….sleeeeeeep….what time is it? no. don’t look at the time cuz then you’ll stress out and never be able to sleep…it’s probably not as late as you think anyway… or what if it’s REALLY late? Shhhh…relax your toes..ok breath into your ankles... realax your legs...…? yeah. I’m definitely hungry… maybe that’s why I can’t sleep… my body is waking me up cuz it needs nourishment… the nourishment of string cheese….shhhhhhhh….. ok breath in and out in and out…..in and out… in and…..out….in….and…………….ou